HOURS OF OPERATION
Wednesday 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(Excluding Holidays. Changes in the Hours of Operation will be posted as necessary.)
Residents of the Town of Neversink
Commercial Businesses Located in the Town of Neversink
Not For Profit Organizations Located in the Town of Neversink
Allowable Users must obtain the Annual Permit from the Town Clerk’s Office. A Permit must be obtained for each individual residential home and/or business. If two residences, two businesses or a residence and business are located on the same parcel, each must have its own annual permit. Proof of residency is required before a permit will be issued.
The Permit will serve as Proof of Residency in the Town of Neversink. The Permit would need to be shown at the request of a Transfer Station Attendant. In addition to being used for I.D. purposes, the Permit will be punched for the two free floating loads, the Town’s 4 free tire disposal program and during Spring/Fall Cleanup, if held.
NOTE: ALLOWABLE USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING ITEMS INTO THE TOWN OF NEVERSINK TRANSFER STATION FROM LOCATIONS OUTSIDE THE TOWN OF NEVERSINK, IF IT IS NOT GENERATED IN THE TOWN, IT IS NOT ALLOWED.
The following items generated within the Town of Neversink will be accepted:
- SW (Solid Waste) Coupon Books $20.00 each – One (1) coupon per 30 gallon bag.
- C D (Construction Demolition Debris) Coupon Books $30.00 each
- Tires - Price varies by size
- Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners & Dehumidifiers - Freon Removal Fee $15.00 each
- Television Set (all display types) - 3 SOLID WASTE COUPONS EACH
- Computers, Monitors & Laptops - 3 SOLID WASTE COUPONS EACH
- Miscellaneous Electronics – NO CHARGE
- Fluorescent Lamps (Bulbs) - NO LONGER ACCEPTED
- Recyclables, Scrap Metal - FREE
ANNUAL PERMIT FEES
- Permit Card: $10.00
- Replacement Permit Card: $2.00
USING THE TRANSFER STATION
- Persons entering the Transfer Station must show their annual permit to the attendant BEFORE depositing items. Attendants will answer any questions with regard to fees and disposal of items.
- SW (Solid Waste): SW Booklets are available for $20.00 at the Town Hall (Payable by check or cash) or at the Transfer Station (Payable by check ONLY). A current permit must be purchased annually at the Town Hall before coupons will be sold. Available in booklet of 15 only—individual coupons are not sold. A 30 gallon bag of garbage will require 1 coupon.
- CD (Construction & Demolition Debris): CD Booklets are available for $30.00 at the Town Hall only and are payable by check or cash. Each coupon is valued at $2.00. Individual Coupons are not sold. A list of the fees for individual items such as furniture, carpeting, etc. is available at the Town Hall. CD disposal can also be paid for at the Transfer Station by Please remember that cash cannot be accepted at the Transfer Station, only checks or coupons.
- FREE TIRE PROGRAM: Each permit holder is entitled to dispose of four (4) tires at no charge. Tires must be off the rims. PLEASE NOTE: NO LARGE EQUIPMENT TIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE FREE TIRE PROGRAM.
- TIRES: Disposal of tires beyond the four (4) free are charged as follows:
TIRE SIZES & FEES
19 inches or smaller $5.00 each
20 inches AND OVER $25.00 each
PLEASE NOTE: RIMS MUST BE REMOVED. THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA $3.00 CHARGE PER TIRE FOR TIRES BROUGHT TO THE TRANSFER STATION WITH RIMS.
- REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS, AIR CONDITIONERS & DEHUMIDIFIERS:
There will be a $15.00 FREON removal fee when disposing of these items. This fee can be paid ahead of time at the Town Hall and presenting the receipt to the attendant or by issuing a check at the Transfer Station. Cash cannot be accepted at the Transfer Station.
- RECYCLE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FREE OF ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGE:
BOTTLES, TIN CANS, PLASTICS, ALUMINUM CANS, CARDBOARD, NEWSPAPERS, MIXED PAPER, SCRAP METAL, USED MOTOR OIL AND USED CLOTHING. THERE ARE BINS AVAILABLE FOR DEPOSIT BOTTLES (PROCEEDS WILL GO TO VARIOUS CIVIC CAUSES) ALL ITEMS MUST BE CLEAN
To continue to keep our fees low, the Town asks that no solid waste or construction demolition materials are brought into the Transfer Station from locations outside the Town of Neversink. We appreciate your cooperation.
RECYCLING IS MANDATORY IN SULLIVAN COUNTY.
Local law requires that recyclables must be removed from all residential, municipal and commercial waste prior to disposal of waste at the Transfer Station. Compliance is determined by routine load inspections. Violators are subject to fines.