TAX COLLECTOR LEGAL NOTICE:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that I, Lisa Garigliano, Tax Collector for the Town of Neversink, County of Sullivan and the State of New York, will collect 2019 taxes according to the following schedule:
MONDAY thru FRIDAY: 9:00 AM–4:00 PM (excluding holidays) at the: TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE LOCATED IN THE NEVERSINK TOWN HALL, 273 MAIN ST. (RT. 55), GRAHAMSVILLE, NY 12740, PHONE: (845) 985-2262 x307
SATURDAY: Neversink Town Hall on the following date: January 26, 2019 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Taxes collected until the 31st day of January, 2019 without interest. All taxes postmarked after January 31, 2019 will be subject to late penalties as listed below. Late payment penalties are strictly enforced.
SCHEDULE OF FEES: Jan. 1 – Jan. 31 No Penalty
Feb. 1 – Feb. 28 1% of Tax Amount
Mar. 1 – Mar. 31 2% of Tax Amount, plus $2.00 unpaid notice fee; sent 3/5/19
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Lisa Garigliano, Tax Collector
TO PAY BY MAIL IN FULL: Send ENTIRE TAX BILL with payment to: Lisa Garigliano,
Tax Collector, PO Box 307, Grahamsville, NY 12740.
- Upon receipt of payment the top portion of your tax bill will be marked paid and returned to you for your records. It is for this reason that it is important to return the entire bill.
- In the event the collector needs to reach you, please include your phone number on your check.
INSTALLMENT PAYMENT PLAN:
Please Note: You must make the January Payment in order to participate in the installment plan.
- January – 50% due by 1/31/2019 at 0% interest. Send “Payment #1” stub with your check.
- February – 25% due by 2/28/2019 at 1% interest. Send “Payment #2” stub with your check.
- March – 25% due by 3/31/2019 at 2 % interest plus $2.00 unpaid notice fee. Send entire bill.
- Receipt will be mailed to you after the final payment.
**RECEIPTS FOR JAN/FEB INSTALLMENT PAYMENTS WILL ONLY BE SENT UPON REQUEST.**
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ACCEPTED – 2.9% Convenience fee and .30¢ transaction fee will be added. Please go to www.taxlookup.net to make payment. Find your parcel, link at bottom of that page.
SOLID WASTE/RECYCLING DISPOSAL FEE: The County has imposed an annual fee to pay for solid waste/recycling disposal. This fee appears as a separate line item on your tax bill and is payable along with the tax. Please direct all questions to the County Treasurer’s office at (845) 807-0200.
AFTER MARCH 31st: TAXES ARE PAYABLE TO COUNTY TREASURER; CALL (845) 807-0200 FOR AMOUNT DUE OR CONTACT THEM AT: Sullivan County Treasurer’s Office, 100 North St., PO Box 5012, Monticello, NY 12701.
- If you no longer own this property, please return bill to collector with the new owner’s name and address; or forward the bill to the rightful owner.
- If your address has changed, please note your correct mailing address, along with your SBL# and return it with your tax bill or contacts the Assessor’s office at the number below.
- You may obtain a duplicate tax bill/receipt or check the status of your payment via the Internet at www.taxlookup.net/neversink.
For information regarding Veteran’s, Senior Citizen’s, Firemen’s or Star Exemptions please contact the Town of Neversink Assessor’s Office:
- Bryan Delaney, Sole Assessor (845) 985-2262 x 323
- Geri Gorton, Clerk (845) 985-2262 x 319.
Hours for the Assessors Office are Mon. to Fri. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays.
Evening hours are available, please call for an appointment.
Or by Mail at: PO Box 307, Grahamsville, NY 12740